Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Some things off my chest...

Hmm, I look totally different from the picture I have up on my blog. That was a pic of me earlier last summer in France, looking like a dirt bag...Well, at least I've cut my hair since then (though some might say I still look like a dirt bag).

So this blog is almost unheard of, till tonite, I didn't even remember it's existence...I guess this might be a blessing in a disguise, but we'll see.

Right now, I'm (suppose to be) studying for a Japanese quiz tomorrow...after 6 months of not taking Japanese, I'm a little screwed, since I forgot the majority of the words, and more importantly, the grammar, so I'm slowly relearning it.

2nd Semester began this week...so far, classes seem to go quicker than last semester's classes, but this week has seemed to go slower than usual...funny how that works.

There are pressures other than the academic portion of college though...my roommate is pushing me to join his fraternity, and while I had thought about joining it last semester, during my long winter break, I thought long and hard about it, and decided that being a frat just isn't my thing, and I seriously do not want to join it. I'm afraid of telling my roommate this, because I don't want to hurt his feelings. But seriously, he's been annoying me, parading around announcing to his fellow frat brothers that I'd be rushing this semester. He tells me that it'll be the most fun I'll ever have in my life, but I seriously doubt that. Just because it was great for him does not mean that it'll be great for me. In fact, based on our personalities, I would definately bet that our experiences would be vastly different. Rushing begins next week, and I'll give it a chance by attending some of the Rush events (mainly for the free food), but honestly I don't think I'll be joining the frat anytime soon.

Also, there is a feud going on between some of my friends that seriously makes me think I'm in highschool, rather than college. It's between a girl and a guy, and these two are not a couple. However, the girl has tendencies to play around with a lot of guys, and this is making her gain a rather infamous reputation. The guy does not want to see her be thought of as a whore, so he has talked to her several times, but she seems to be very dense, and not really get the point. Now the guy has completely cut her off, saying she isn't is girlfriend, nor is she a best friend, so he doesn't want to waste his time trying to tell her how destructive his actions are. Now he's urging me to cut her off as well.

See, I have a couple of problems with this...first of all, I strongly believe in friendship...and I don't really like to see it when friends cut each other off, especially when I feel the girl needs friends the most now. Second of all, just because he cut her off doesn't mean I want to cut her off...but it would be awkward between me and him, or me and her...I really don't want to see her be thought of as a whore, and like I have said, I strongly believe in friendship, and now is the time she needs friends the most.

On the other hand, her and him were closer friends than me and her, and if he couldn't get to her, then how can I expect to get to her?

It seems that I've written quite a bit, so I'll stop for now. Next blog should probably not be so personal.

No comments: