Friday, April 07, 2006

I say HEYYYYY

Yo, long time no update!

So a few weeks ago, my roommate and I catched a free Aggrolites show for some St. Patricks day celebration at Cal State Long Beach. The retarded thing was that the first band opened up very late, so the Aggrolites could only play fucking 5 songs...2 old songs, 2 new songs, 1 cover. Still, I heard one new song of their upcoming album, so I was happy. The "headlining" band so to speak, was some lame Smiths cover band, so me and my roommate left early.


Earlier this week, I finally received my Ska Flames album. It's their latest album, called "Realstep" and is probably up there with "Damn Good" as my favorite Ska Flames album. I really love Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, but Ska Flames is a very close second. While Skapara likes to mix things up, Ska Flames is pretty dedicated to playing ska like their Jamaican predecessor, and they're arguably one of the best bands in the world that has done so. My favorite songs might just be their first track, "Good Morning" and the song, "Stolen Beat"


Speaking of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, they're releasing a new single next month. I'll be looking forward to that. It's suppose to feature the vocals of a guy from an old Japanese punk band called, The Blue Hearts. I don't really know that band, but I have heard their song, "Linda Linda," since the Slackers covered part of it in their live album, "Slack in Japan."



Since next month is May, it also brings it back to the band I was talking about first. The Aggrolites are finally releasing their second album, after a long anticipation by yours truly. It's suppose to be 19 tracks of dirty reggae goodness, so look out for it. For the full track listing, check out the Epitaph webpage here.

WEll, that's all for now, next time, maybe I'll post something substantial, other than music.

No comments: